While playing Minecraft, a lot of players report lagging. This isn’t a problem for you. Here, I’ll explain how to allocate extra RAM (plus ram to other launchers as well) to Minecraft’s twitch launcher. The issue of lagging will be resolved with more RAM.
Mod packs are commonly installed using the Twitch launcher, aka curse launcher. To increase the memory allocation in Twitch Launcher, follow these steps.
- Start by clicking the three lines slider in the top right corner. Choose settings under the files menu option. You can nevertheless open the launcher’s settings by holding CTRL and pressing the comma key.
- The second step is to choose Minecraft at the bottom of the page. Additionally, there will be an option for java settings there; please select it. The sliding window allows you to see how much RAM is available at a given time. The standard allocation for RAM is 3,228 MBS. To adjust it, move the slider.
- Now, you’re done with allocating the required ram to the twitch launcher. Now move back to Mods, open Minecraft and start enjoying without interruption.
Suppose you’re currently playing Minecraft through ATLauncher and experiencing lag. Then don’t worry, I will help you fix it. Increasing the allocated ram to your launcher will fix this issue quickly.
The launcher allows its users to increase ram quickly without coding. A few clicks will do it.
- In the first step, launch the Atlauncher on your system.
- Right away, you will see several options. Select which setting is most suitable for your needs.
- The third step is to select the Minecraft or Java tab from the top of the screen.
Finally, you can allocate ram from there efficiently through different options. Among those, your desired one is “maximum ram or memory.” Your choice here depends on how much RAM you want. However, you can also use upward and downward arrows to adjust the amount of RAM easily.
When you’re done with these steps, click on the save option. Keep in mind one thing, if you’re playing with heavy mod packs. Then you must allocate a minimum of 4 GB of ram.
The Default Launcher
Default launcher of Minecraft also comes with the option of changing the amount of allocated ram.
- Firstly, launch the Minecraft app and choose the version you want to play(Java or Bedrock). Secondly, choose the installation option from tabs on top of the screen. In that section, a list of release versions will be available; please select the most recent one.
- Thirdly, move your cursor to the recent version, and through three dots, select edit. Then, in that section of JVM arguments, you will find many different options; scroll down to find them. Don’t worry if you aren’t familiar with coding; it’s a simple process.
- Finally, find the code that looks like this, “-Xmx#G,” here “#” indicates the amount of ram assigned. Change this now to your desired amount. You can allocate a maximum of your system Ram. However, it will affect many other applications if running in the background.
After following all these steps, click on the save button and enjoy the game. Noticeable differences can be observed now; the game will not lag anymore.
You might be using a technic launcher; it is similar to ATlauncher. Gamers use it to install additional heavy mod packs for Minecraft.
Suppose you like other gamers using the technic launcher. You must be well aware of its user interface. I will explain simple steps through which you can easily change the amount of ram allocated. Here is how,
- Firstly, open the technic launcher, and in the top right corner, select the gear icon to open settings.
- Secondly, after choosing the gear option, you will see the Java tab for settings.
- Thirdly, you will easily find a drop-down menu with a memory heading. From that section, you can easily change the memory allocated. Please select at least 4 GB of ram, as it is the minimum requirement for mod packs.
- In the final phase, your changes will automatically be saved by the launcher.
Suppose you’re playing Minecraft with modpacks for a long time. You might be the one who has not used this launcher or is even aware of its name. Most gamers use other launchers as described above.
FTB launcher is one of those launchers that is easy to use and manage. In the case of ram allocation, you’ll experience the same thing.
This quick guide will help you change the amount of RAM set aside for the launcher.
- You’ll need to launch the FTB app first.
- Now you must decide what to do.
- Thirdly, you will find a slider under that section that you can use to adjust your RAM.
- Finally, it will increase the allocated ram by 0.25 GB each point if you move towards the right side. Similarly, moving to the left will decrease the allocated ram by 0.25 GB for each mark.
It is a simple most procedure as compared to other launchers. You don’t need to worry about saving changes; it’s automatic.
How Much RAM Does Minecraft Need?
The minimum requirement of ram is based on your Minecraft application. You must have 2 GB of ram if playing with available plugins only and not using any mods. Furthermore, the minimum requirement is 4 GB for normal to heavy gameplay (mods included).
Newer versions of Minecraft (1.12+ packs) with normal to heavy gameplay require more ram. It sometimes demands more than 6 GB.
Your system may have enough ram to run Minecraft smoothly. However, sometimes the required ram is not correctly assigned to gameplay.
The guidelines for calculating how much ram is needed for smooth gameplay should now be clear to you. Moreover, in the article, I will explain how to allocate ram in several launchers for you.
Make Sure You Have RAM To Spare
Before you try to allocate more ram to any launcher, you must check how much ram is available in your system. Checking your available ram is a simple process.
- Start by going to the device’s settings. It is available in the start menu with a gear icon on most of the devices.
- After that, select the about option, or you can search it from the search bar easily. In the About section, the device specification option is available. Click on it.
- Finally, from that section, you can check the installed ram on your device. In the screenshot shown below. You can see available ram is 4 GB, out of which is 3.88 GB usable.
Will your launcher perform better with more RAM allocated?
If you were feeling lag before in the game, it wouldn’t happen now. You wouldn’t encounter any crashes either. Enjoy uninterrupted gaming without interruption now.
Bugs may be the cause for the game crash. Don’t worry; the increasing ram will solve this issue too. As it will prevent or postpone the game from crashing.
The allocation of RAM was increased for what reason? With time, the game comes with new upgraded features/options and a better display. This requires more RAM for smooth operation.
If you are going to allocate more memory to Minecraft, you must have a 64-bit version of Java installed. As of now, 32-bit Java does not allow allocation of more than 4 GB.
What are the minimum requirements for Minecraft to run smoothly?
You might be searching for requirements to install Minecraft. Minimum Requirements to install Minecraft on different devices are as follows.
The Minecraft requirements for Windows 10
A Windows 10 (v17135.0) or later operating system is required. Intel Celeron J4105 or AMD FX-4100 processor. At least 4GB of RAM, and DirectX 12 FL11 support. Additionally, you need either AMD Radeon R5 or Intel HD Graphics 4000
Minecraft recommendations for Windows 10
You need Windows 10 (v17135.0) or higher to run this program. Alternatively, use the AMD A8-6600K CPU or the Intel i7-6500U CPU. RAM: 8 GB and DirectX12FL11 enabled. Having a good video card, NVIDIA GeForce 940M or AMD Radeon HD 8570D is also necessary
Minecraft is compatible with PS4 and PS5 only. Moreover, you can quickly get download and install from the PlayStation store.
Consider you have an Xbox and would like to play Minecraft. In that case, you’ll either need the Xbox or an upgrade. Included in this list are the Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox One.
The Xbox One OS is also required, and if you have both, you can finally install Minecraft from the Microsoft Store.
Sometimes it happens that the launcher does not allow allocating more than 2 GB. It is because you don’t have the correct or updated version of Java installed. You might be using a 32-bit Java version. Download the 64-bit Java version and install it.
Using the 64-bit launcher, you will have more ram available after installing it.
Consider a case in which your game crashes repeatedly or doesn’t respond properly. In that case, you might want to allocate more memory. Above in the article, I have explained how much ram to assign. Reading it will be helpful.
Minecraft truly is the best game to play. Gamers have enjoyed playing it since it was launched. However, most of them face issues of lagging, as explained in the article. But now you must know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft Twitch and other launchers.